Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tuesday 1/6/09

Kim's notes from Tuesday 1/09:

"Today I woke up feeling really refreshed. Last night was rough…I don’t mind telling you. I couldn’t sleep because I was so hungry. I think the reason is because I did not do the third protein shake. I was doing my food diary on fitday.com and when it told me how many calories were in the protein shake (130!!), the third pushed me over the 500 calories for the day, so I made the decision to cancel out that third shake at night. My body will get used to it, but last night sucked. I even opened the bag of lobster meat and snagged a piece because I was so hungry and then felt so guilty about it the rest of the night.

But today, I feel really good. I know you’re not going to believe this (I can hardly believe it myself) but I’m wearing the same jeans I wore on Monday and today they’re looser on me??!! I know the message boards all say that in the first week you lose a crazy amount of weight (some people lose 10-15 lbs), but I didn’t believe it. Maybe the diet combined with all of my running up and down stairs is doubling the effect on me.

The headaches were almost unbearable yesterday and last night, but so far today, I don’t have one. I’ve got my aspirin just in case."


My two cents:

I guess I really didn't think she would feel good this fast. Making this kind of drastic diet change I thought would make her irritable and feel pretty lousy, but it seems to be coming around pretty quickly. Looks like the caffeine headaches are already wearing off, too.

We've read that the weight loss in the first few weeks is pretty drastic, and it looks like it's already starting.

I know that the negative people will say "Well, of course!!! You're only eating 500 calories a day!! Of course you're going to lose weight!! You don't need HCG for that!" But that's not what the HCG shots do, or are for. The primary reason for the shots, at least for Kim, is to:
a) Help decrease the hunger pangs - which for her are the hardest part
b) Help increase the metabolism and give her energy
c) Help somewhat with pulling out the stored fats (whether this is actually what HCG does or not, we've heard both sides of the coin) But it's the least of the advantages that she desires from the shots.

Another bit about Kim....she's the type that when she gets started on something, like this program, she dives in full boat. She can be very driven, and will finish what she started, passionately. It's the same way she handles work, and her personal life. All she needs is the kick-start, and she's off and running. So, I guarantee she'll stick with this to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment