Friday, January 23, 2009

Speak of the devil! Jan 23rd

Without further adue....Kim's post for today:

Hello! I'm so sorry I've been away for so many days, but my family cameto visit me from last Wednesday than to this past Tuesday and I didn'tblog at all. I was also somewhat "bad" while they were here. Let'sface it...I'm in NYC with my husband and son...I wasn't going to stickto cold broccoli and chicken strips every day. I wasn't horrible thoughand while I didn't lose more than .4 lbs in the 5 days, I didn't gainanything at all.

I kept to my protein shakes and low calorie meals for breakfast/lunchduring the weekdays and then went to dinner with them on the weeknights. While by "normal" standards, I was eating very low calorie meals, the meals may have contained items like nuts or cheese (small amounts).

On Saturday (the day I chose to cheat because I got the day off to spendwith them in the city) I had the following (AND IT WAS GLORIOUS!!)
Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 2 spoonfuls of potatoes and 1 piece oftoast (with butter *gasp*!)
Lunch: 2 mini "Pop" burgers with cheese and 2 onion rings (another*gasp*)
Dinner: 3 goat cheese sliders and salad (no fries)

The next day I did not gain anything, but I did not lose either. It messed with my head a bit, but my wonderful husband kept telling me that I could get right back on the diet after they left. I don't regret 1 minute of it.

I had been on the 500 calories a day for 2 weeks and that food was SO good!!! So, they left Tuesday and I'm back on the 500 calories. My system completely jolted itself and between yesterday and today I've lost 3 pounds. Altogether, I've lost 15 lbs.

We've even been doing test meals here at the hotel and I've been eating only fish (salmon, blackened seabass and tuna tartar) and salad and it's been delicious. I'm actuallyenjoying the diet now. I feel great, people are starting to notice and life is good.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up, you will get there. I am also in AZ. I just started the HCG diet last week...also have started a blog if you want to check it out: dustyrosediet.blogspot.com Good luck to you. It's great to have a supportive husband, isn't it? I've got one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dusty, I fwd your comment on to Kim. We'll update this asap!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kim, I am on day three of phase 2. Which to me is really the "first" day of dieting. Thanks for your blog it's giving me a lot of hope. I only need to lose about 20 lbs. so I'm keeping my fingers crosses. It's funny because I have a dinner party next Friday at the W in Hoboken and hearing you "cheated" a little but pressed on is making me feel a whole lot better about starting the 500 calories today!.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic information on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information.HCG dietIt is extremely helpful for me .

    ReplyDelete