Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday 1/8/09

Kim's notes from Wednesday:

"I haven’t had any headaches since Tuesday, so I think I’m finally past that. I stressed and stressed about the pretzel rod (or half of a pretzel rod) yesterday and when I got back to my room and re-read the foods I could eat I saw that it allows for (2) breadsticks a day…WOO HOO! That will help me because I’m having salt cravings like crazy. It also said I could salt and season any of my foods, so we’re ok there. I need to find a way to fight the hunger pangs at night. They drive me crazy. Maybe I’ll save my bread sticks for then…I don’t know.

I didn’t have to take a shot today, so that was pretty cool.

My hair is awesome. I’m getting all kinds of compliments on how shiny and thick it is. It’s even better than when I was pregnant with Jackson. I’m peeing every 10 minutes, just like when I was pregnant. Don’t know whether that’s the water, the HCG or both…doesn’t matter. I like for things to leave my body.

So here’s the BIG NEWS…I found a scale and weighed myself. Today is Day 6 and I’m down…are you ready? 6.5lbs!!!!!!!! Can you believe that????? I weighed myself four times to be sure…AND I’m wearing clothes!!!! Pretty cool stuff. "

My two cents:

Kim has never allowed me to see her on a scale or give me her starting weight, so all I'll be able to do is tell you what she's lost when she weighs herself. And the doc office has told her she shouldn't ever step on a scale, but I don't know how you keep a woman from doing that, when she's on a diet like this one.

Still, pretty impressive - almost 7 pounds and the first week isnt' even over yet. I would imagine that 500 calories a day will have that effect, but lets' see how it continues. I'm not sure where the plateau will be - Kim is by no means "obese" and I know that this diet is geared more towards people who are very overweight - but it will be interesting to see the progression.

Also, it's cool about the hair. Kim has incredible hair which is naturally curly but she straightens it a lot, so it doesn't always have the same fullness when she straightens it as when it's curly. Although she's out of town for work, my son and I will be going to visit her next wednesday for a week, so it will be fun to see if I notice a difference in the hair and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment