Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Intro and How-do-you-do

Greetings, and thanks for stopping by. This blog will detail my wife's experiences while going through the HCG diet. Most of the posts will be verbatim what she tells and emails me, and once in a while, I'll try and give you the husband's perspective on the whole shebang.

I hope this information is helpful to you, when deciding if this is the right diet/program for you, and please feel free to post or ask questions anytime, and I'll answer them as quickly and as honestly as possible.

This was not a decision taken lightly, and I certainly don't think this diet is for everyone, please - as we did - consult a doctor you respect and trust before doing this or any other serious diet program.

A quick bit of info about Kim's situation - she works long days and travels. A LOT. She is in the hotel business, so she spends extended travel time at various locations around N. America, and because of this, it's very hard to have any kind of routine eating habits. She has to live primarily on room service and whatever happens to be near the hotel she's working on. And because of the long days, it's very hard to find a time and place to exercise (these hotels are not finished when she's working on them), especially after a 12-16 hour day running around. And lots of that running is up and down flights of stairs. (I guess it's kind of a built-in exercise routine)

That, and her type of personality, made her a good candidate for the HCG diet.

4 comments:

  1. Whose program are you following. I've never heard of an hcg diet that included protein shakes. You aren't following Dr. Simeons protocol for sure. I know that the meat eating is what keeps me sane. If you can't do the shakes really consider following the original plan by Dr. Simeons in the 50's. You can follow the original protocol here: http://www.drnavar.com/PDFs/Pounds_and_Inches.pdf

    pg. 23 has the diet.

    Good luck! I'll follow your posts and see your progress! I started December 24 (loading) and am on day 15 now. My loss so far is 18.2 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know about Dr. Simeons (and the &%$@ Trudeau book ripping it off), and I asked her about that. She said it's not quite the same as Dr. Simeon's program, it's a little bit different as it's run/designed by the doc office that is doing it.

    She does get to eat meat with her four daily small meals, she has either chicken, shrimp or lobster along with several different vegetables and leafy greens. Then she gets 2-3 of these shakes throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 18 years old about to be 19 in June. I am overweight and have been my entire life. I've tried just about every diet. Nothing seems to work. I am very interested in this Hcg diet. I live in Phoenix, Az. I'm not sure where to begin, who to see? If you can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just started my HCG diet 3 days ago actually. I am interested to keep on reading.

    ReplyDelete